Forms can be completed online through the patient portal or you can print them from our website and bring them with you to your appointment.
BAYOU CITY SURGICAL SPECIALISTS WELCOMES YOU
We look forward to meeting you and providing you with outstanding care.
OUR FOCUS IS ON YOU.
Whatever your reason for visiting us, you can count on the personalized, skilled, experienced attention you deserve. New patients: After you’ve made your appointment, conveniently print your check-in forms online. If your new patient check-in paperwork is completed, please arrive 15 minutes early. If your paperwork has not been completed, arrive 30 minutes early to fill out required forms.
WHAT HAPPENS ON MY FIRST VISIT?
Your first visit is a consultation. Ask your primary physician or referring physician to send us any parts of your medical record that is relevant to your visit. These records will provide background and will avoid redundant testing. During this visit, our providers will talk with you to understand your medical and family history, with specific emphasis on the present problem bringing you to our office. A complete physical exam is done as well. Follow-up visits are shorter, unless necessitated by the present condition.
Note: Most health plans and insurance companies now require a referral from your primary care physician before a consultation or visit. Be sure you have obtained such a referral before your visit, if necessary.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING ON MY FIRST VISIT?
To help us provide you with the best care, please remember to bring the following information to your appointment:
- Current insurance card, including any supplemental insurance cards
- If you are uninsured, please contact us at (832) 942-8350 for billing options.
- If your insurance requires a co-pay, it is due at the time of service.
- Current prescription card
- Government-issued photo ID
- All current medications, including inhalers
- Current list of drug allergies and reactions
- If appropriate: completed Patient Questionnaire, Release of Verbal Medical Information, and any consents, releases, or agreements.
- If requested by our clinic staff: x-rays, CT scans or MRIs that have been done.
- It is extremely important to bring these images with you if you are requested to do so. If you have any questions about these, please call your physician’s office.
WHY DO I NEED TO BRING MY PHOTO-ID ON THE FIRST VISIT?
On June 1st, 2009, the Federal Trade Commission’s Red Flag Rule took effect, which requires all healthcare organizations to ask for proof of identity for all patients. Providing this proof and having your picture taken to display in your medical file helps protect you from medical identity theft, which is a growing problem nationwide.
WHY DO I NEED TO SHOW MY INSURANCE CARD AT EACH VISIT?
A patient’s insurance plan may change many times so to be sure we have current information, we ask to see your card if it has been over a month since your last visit. Inaccurate insurance information can delay payment and may lead to increased medical costs for all patients.